There are some appliance problems you are going to need help with and for those you can call Maydone repairs. However, there are a few appliance issues you can easily fix yourself and we are here to tell you which ones and how to do it!
Knowing how to fix common appliance problems is a super useful skill to have since it saves you time and money, plus it makes you a lot more independent. It should be one of the things we all strive to learn how to do. Because we all need appliances and they are likely going to stop working at least once.
Before you start repairing anything remember these 5 rules:
- Prepare the area you are working with cleaning supplies or laying doe rags to prevent messes.
- Have your tools nearby
- Look for specific instructions for the problem you are fixing
- Cut the appliance from the power supply if you need to
- Get help if you need to move heavy appliances
The refrigerator is not cooling enough
This one is not only a bother it can be dangerous since food needs cool temperatures to stay fresh and safe to eat. This issue can happen if you have a blocked cooling vent, or when it is too hot/
How to fix a refrigerator not cooling enough?
- See if your cool air vent is blocked by debris or frozen ice. Clear the blockage so the cool air can circulate again.
- Check that your temperature setting matches the heat level your refrigerator is exposed to. Increase the cooling or move the refrigerator to a cooler area of the kitchen.
- Make sure you don’t have too much or too little food in the refrigerators, both can affect the cooling.
One of the most common appliance problems is smell. This one is especially annoying when it’s from your washing machine or dishwasher, the very machines keeping your other things clean.
How to fix a smelly appliance?
Run a cleaning cycle on your dishwasher, washing machine, or dryer. If you don’t have one then run a hot water cycle with two cups of vinegar and half a cup of baking soda to kill the smell. Also, clean your filters and detergent drawers
Moving washing machine or dryer
This one can be really disturbing since moving appliances can be loud and obnoxious. Plus it can also be dangerous for small kids and other people in the house.
How to fix a moving washing machine or dryer?
- First thing is to install your washing machine and dryer with a professional technician’s help so you can avoid this situation
- Second, make sure the appliance is level with the ground
- Third, move the appliance to a more stable position
What can you do when you can’t fix the problem?
Like we said these are common problems that you can usually fix on your own but if you find that it’s more complicated than you first thought then the best you can do is call the appliance experts and have someone give you a hand!