Should I Buy a Dryer?
Are you torn between the decision if you need a dryer or if it’s the better solution for you to keep hanging your clothes up on a line? Maybe this article can help you to make up your mind.
When you are moving into an unfurnished apartment or a new house, you’ll sooner or later face the question of what appliances you want to buy.
Why Would I Want to Buy a Dryer?
Well, there are some pros and cons. As we want you to be able to make up your mind yourself, we have listed some of them for you.
Let’s start with the pros:
- A dryer allows you to wash clothes whenever you want without having to worry if there will be enough time for them to dry.
- Say goodbye to the clothesline in your apartment.
- When drying your clothes with a dryer, it is easier and quicker to iron them.
- It saves you time and effort, especially if you are washing for the whole family.
- Especially in winter, it can take a long time until your clothes dry on a clothesline.
And of course, there are some cons:
- A new dryer can be quite expensive as they cost between $200 and $1,750.
- Using a dryer will also add up to your electricity bill.
- When you have limited space, there might not be enough space for another appliance.
Is There Enough Space for a Dryer?
Nowadays, a lot of appliances are smaller than they used to be while their features have expanded. So, if you have limited space, a compact machine that is built into a corner of the kitchen could be the ideal solution for you.
You could also decide to go for a washing machine that has a dryer included. If you are unsure, which appliance would fit your needs, keep on reading, as we will give you some advice in the next chapter.
Which Dryer Should I Buy?
If you decide to buy a dryer, you will need to decide which kind of appliance you want to buy.
Depending on how many people are living in your household, you might want to go for a bigger or smaller appliance. The capacity for the dryer refers to the weight of dry clothes, and not when they come out wet from the washing machine. Keep that in mind when choosing a size.
Furthermore, you can choose between a gas or an electric dryer. This decision can be easy if you don’t have a gas supply to your house – then you’ll have to go for an electric dryer. But gas dryers can be handy as they heat up faster and can, therefore, dry your clothes quicker. Also, depending on your local rates, gas is often cheaper.
Do You Need Help with the Dryer Installation?
Have you decided that a dryer would be a useful addition to your household? Well done!
And the good news is that dryers have a lifespan of between 10 to 13 years, so you probably won’t have to buy a new one any time soon. So, if you are deciding to purchase a dryer, you can contact us if you need help with the dryer installation. Our licensed technicians work late and have experience with installing and repairing appliances such as vented dryer, condensing dryer, heat pumped dryer and washer-dryers.
Contact us online or call +1 (888) 513 0052 or +1 (289) 801 7857 to schedule an appointment!