Wall ovens are a massive upgrade to most kitchens, so congratulations! This is an appliance that enhances both the functionality and aesthetics of your cooking space. Installing a wall oven might seem like a daunting task, but don’t worry you have Maydone on your side! Using the right tools, good preparation, and a step-by-step approach, you can achieve professional oven wall installation on your own.
Step 1: Get Ready With Tools and Materials
Before diving into the installation process, make sure you have all the required tools and materials on hand.
Here’s a checklist to get you started:
- Adjustable wrench
- Measuring tape
- Utility knife
- New wall oven
- Mounting template (usually included with the oven)
- Screws and anchors (if not included with the appliance)
- Circuit tester
- Wire nuts
- Electrical tape
- Wire stripper
- Cleaning supplies for the post-installation
Step 2: Choose the Right Location
- We know you already measured before buying your oven but you need to do it again, this will make the job easier.
- Mark important measures on the wall to guide you as you work, this is especially handy if you are doing a one-person install.
Use a pencil to mark the dimensions and center of the oven on the wall. This will serve as your reference during installation.
- Choose an angle to install the oven on your wall.
Step 3: Electrical Wiring
Power is one of the main components of installing a new wall oven and it’s one of the most dangerous to handle, so you just be watchful and careful when doing these tasks.
- Verify the Voltage: confirm that the oven’s voltage matches your electrical supply. Most wall ovens require a 240-volt circuit
- Run a Circuit Test: Use a circuit tester to double-check that the power is indeed off before proceeding.
- Install a New Circuit (if needed): If your existing electrical circuit is not suitable, consult with a professional to install a dedicated circuit for the wall oven.
- When you are installing locate the circuit breaker for the kitchen and turn it off to ensure safety during the process.
Step 4: Install the Mounting Bracket
The mounting bracket is what will hold your oven in place and is a fundamental part of the installation. The good news is, that installing it can be quite easy.
- Consult the oven’s manual and mounting template to determine the correct height for the mounting bracket.
- Attach the Bracket: Secure the mounting bracket to the wall using screws and anchors, then ensure it is level and firmly attached.
Step 5: Position and Secure the Wall Oven
This is the most delicate part of the installation, the actual moment you slide the oven in place.
We recommend you get an extra set of hands to help you both with the weight and positioning of the appliance. Remember wall ovens can be heavy, bulky, and awkward to carry by yourself.
- Lift and Position: Lift the oven into position, aligning it with the mounting bracket. Get help to hold it in place while you secure it.
- Secure with Screws: Use the provided screws to secure the oven to the mounting bracket. Refer to the manual for specific instructions regarding the number and placement of screws.
Step 6: Connect the Electrical Wiring
Time to power up your new oven!
- Refer to the oven’s user manual for detailed instructions on connecting each of the electrical wires. Different models may have variations in wiring configurations.
- Connect the Wires: Use wire nuts to securely connect the corresponding wires. Cover the connections with electrical tape for added safety.
- Secure Excess Wiring: Bundle and secure any excess wiring using cable ties. This helps prevent interference with the oven’s operation.
Step 7: Test and Go!
Switch your circuit breaker back on and allow power to reach the new appliance.
- Conduct a test run to ensure that the oven functions correctly. Check for any unusual noises or odors.
- Adjust as Needed: If the oven is not level or there are any issues, make necessary adjustments, you can use the appliance’s manual for oven troubleshooting guidance.
Step 8: Finishing Touches
- If your wall oven comes with trim pieces, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install them for a more polished final look.
- Secure Control Panel: If your model has one, secure the oven’s control panel to the cabinet according to the manual.
- Apply Finishing Touches: Wipe down the oven and surrounding area to remove any dust or debris. Apply any finishing touches, such as paint or trim, to complete the installation.
With careful planning, the right tools, and a methodical approach, installing a new wall oven is as easy as baking in it!
Always follow, and refer back to the specific instructions provided by the oven manufacturer, and if you encounter any challenges beyond your comfort level, don’t hesitate to call Maydone for professional oven installations.
Now, with your new wall oven in place go enjoy your kitchen adventures!