Summer is here and with it rising temperatures which can cause damages to your everyday appliances. So, how can you care for your appliances to make sure they survive and last long after the summer ends.
Appliances make everyday life easier to manage and cut chore time so you can spend more hours enjoying your holidays and staying cool in the heat. That’s why it’s important to observe a few suggestions in order to care for your appliances in this season.
Let’s focus on taking care of the most used and common appliances:
Refrigerator and freezers
This is the basis of summer comfort in any home, having a cold drink or ice cream at hand is going to be a lifesaver during the hottest months of the years, so keep this appliance ready and working with the tips below.
- Keep the door gaskets clean, so it shuts properly and seals the cools airs inside.
- Avoid opening the door too often.
- Don’t overload the appliance, check your model’s manual for an approximate amount you should keep in there.
- Cleanth refrigerator coils to maximize power.
- Clear out old food to avoid bad smells and wasted space.
Washing machines get a lot of work during the summer. Since we sweat more, we swim, we run and we go out a lot more. Meaning there are more clothes to wash, more changes something might break and need repairing. Here what you can do to keep your running smoothly.
- Leave the door open after washing so the inside dries, preventing bad smells from appearing.
- Wash smaller loads, especially if you are washing items with lots of first or sand in them.
- Clean your filters and drum.
- Use the right amount of detergent.
This is another one of those appliances that get a lot of attention during the summer, whether it’s the kids watching their shows or family movie night, you’ll only need to keep an eye on a couple of things to take care of your TV in the summer.
- Try to place your TV in the shade so it doesn’t get heated up by direct sunlight.
- Securely mount it and place it away from children to avoid accidents.
Having family over, a BBQ, or just don’t feel like washing the dishes after dinner, here comes the dishwasher to save the day. Just like the other appliances on the list, dishwashers have their work cut out for them in the summer. Avoid the disaster of a broken dishwasher and follow these simple tips.
- Keep your door gaskets clean
- Clean your filters.
- Run the dishwasher with hot water, vinegar or dishwasher cleaner at least once a month.