Summer appliance care guide: Top tips for using appliances when it’s hot
The hottest season of the year is almost here, and that means you need to pay closer attention to your appliance care. Heat can affect the way appliances run and cause some issues that you could easily prevent with these Maydone tips.
Appliances already run on the hot side so being exposed to higher temperatures can be a dangerous combination. Plus for a lot of homes, the summer means more activity in the home, more cooking, laundry, and playing. Taking these steps helps ensure you don’t have any appliance issues while having fun in the sun. Of course, if you do you can always call Maydone!
Dishwasher summer care
Summertime fun means having a lot of meals, cold snacks, and icy drinks, that means your dishwasher is going to be doing a lot of work too.
All this action requires you to pay some attention to your appliance as well, keeping your dishwasher from breaking down with a few details.
- Have a cleaning routine, run a self-cleaning cycle every week
- Do a deep clean every month, where you clean your door gaskets, filters, etc.
- Run the dishwasher at night or early morning to avoid hot hours
Keep refrigerators and freezers cool
Refrigerators and freezers have their work cut out for them in the summer. As one of the most used appliances and the source of a lot of comfort during the hot months, you need to keep them going strong in the summer.
One of the best things you can do is have your refrigerators installed in a cool area of the house, or get an extra freezer for added storage.
What else can you do?
- Mind the door, keeping the door tightly closed means selling the cold air inside. Less wasted energy and cooler temperature. For that clean the door and replace the rubbers if needed.
- Mind what your groceries shopping to avoid overloading the fridge, remember its already working hard.
- Clean your fridge coils and inside
Summer washing machine care
Between going to the beach, the pool, and vacations your washing machine is going to see a lot of laundry this summer.
Like with other appliances the biggest dangers are heat and overuse. Here are a few things that can help you manage laundry and hot weather.
- Do laundry in the cool hours of the day like early morning or after sundown
- Clean filters and drum, especially if you wash items with sand on them
- If you live in a humid area leave your washing machine door open for a bit to fully dry the inside