Refrigerators are one of the essential appliances in any home and a sizeable investment for any homeowner. That’s why you want to ensure your new fridge’s installation is done correctly and without cutting corners. Let Maydone help you figure it out.
Step 1: Do the prep work
There are certain things you need to do before purchasing a new refrigerator.
- Start by measuring the space where you want to install it. Make sure the new fridge will fit comfortably in the space and that there’s enough room for the doors to open and close without obstruction.
- Get all the information your can on your top choices for appliance brands and refrigerator models
- Make sure you know how to dispose of your old appliance
- Get your tools ready and asses if you need professional appliance installation services
- Clear the area for installation
Step 2: Arrange transportation and unpack the refrigerator
Make sure you can safely move the refrigerators from the store to your home, or have them delivered by the store. Appliances can get damaged if you don’t us proper transportation, especially something big and heavy like a fridge.
Carefully unpack and remove all the packaging materials. Make sure you have all the necessary parts and accessories, such as the owner’s manual, ice maker, and water line.
Step 3: Place and level
Move the refrigerator to its designated space and start to level the appliance. This works to ensure that the refrigerator is leveled from front to back and side to side. Preventing movement and possible damage to the appliance.
Step 4: Connect to power and water
Plug the appliance into an electrical outlet. Make sure the outlet is grounded and meets the refrigerator’s electrical requirements.
If your refrigerator has an ice maker and water dispenser, you’ll need to connect a water line. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for connecting the water line. Make sure the water supply valve is turned off before connecting the water line. Improper connection can cause leaking and cooling problems
Step 5: Set up and enjoy!
Only a few more things left to do for you to enjoy your fridge
- Clean the inside of the refrigerators, sometimes factory debris or dust can collect on the inside. We suggest using natural products since you’ll have food in there.
- Install compartments and drawers
- Select your temperature settings
- Fill with food